Well got this blogger app so maybe I can blog more lol. It's been over a year and that is to long. Up here in North Dakota working on a rig with solids control. Can't wait for winter. Lol
Labels: HP 329
November 9th 2007 - November 13th 2008
one year on foot - 4646km through China
unlimited beard & hair growth
musical score by the kingpins ( myspace.com/theoneandonlykingpins ) and zhu fengbo
- I never finished my original goal of walking to Germany. Instead, I walked for a year and roughly 4500km, passed the desert of Gobi, and then decided to stop walking for now.
- All of the distance from Beijing to Ürümqi has been completed solely on foot, straight good old walking. There are instances where you can see me in the video sitting on a plane or riding a boat, but those are during breaks I had to take from walking, either to sort out bureaucracy issues or to take care of some personal things.
- I had been planning this trip for over a year before I even started, and getting as far as I got was an experience for which I am very grateful.
- Obtaining the necessary visa for a trip like this was not very easy, hence I had to go back to Beijing a few times to resolve some issues.
- The songs I used in the video are 1) Zhu Fengbo - "Olive Tree" and 2) The Kingpins - "L'aventurier" - visit the Kingpins website if you want to know more, they are very cool I think.
- This is not a strict "1 pic a day" video, because I wanted to make it a bit more alive by adding some additional movement. Sometimes during the film you would follow me turn around, or something would happen in the background. I tried to capture these moments to make the video more interesting.
- The core of this project is in fact my website "www.thelongestway.com" where I have posted my extensive travel diary, starting from day 1 (Nov 9th 2007) and describing every single day until the end one year later.
Had fun with the grand-kids with there first ever pumpkin carving experience. They didn't know what to think of the goo inside the pumpkin. lol... I love hanging out with them. i'm glad to have them around. They can be stressful sometimes but most of the time they are my stress relievers and glad for that. I look forward to seeing them every night.
Cant believe its been a year since i posted on my blog. lol.... alot has gone down in my life. to much to say. back at machining at Capco and feels like im in the movie groundhog day. Bills piling up and no end in site. Its amazing how we are struggling but it slides right off my back. i never get to worryed because i know everything works out in the end. it always does. Grandkids doing good and will post some pics. Wife is still my rock she never wavers. kids( my grow ones) still act like kids...lol but i love them all the same. hope to keep this up more. my favorite saying lately is
...... It is what it is............. Peace Out
alright i am a slacker. i haven't blogged for a while so i am a slacker. I will be flying into Junction on friday. on Monday the family is going on a roady to Alabama to see the wife's family. it takes 26hours to get there and two days. 1721 miles. mostly all interstate so not so bad, but this is my first trip with little ones. Yuck!!! Anyway so cool my little sis is going to be living back in Colorado!!! I am excited for her and her family. Will keep up better in the future. Latesssssssssss.
Well I'm back in North Dakota and I am not liking it. It is to much time spent away from my family. Working Three weeks on, one week off is not fun. The job itself is alright but nothing to write home about. Just thought I'd let you know my thoughts of North Dakota. It is Flat and boring. A lot of oil here though. Until next time,
Garnett and the big three have finally made it to the finals! I am starting to become a Celtics fan.
I love the Nba at this time it is the best playoffs i have seen so far. Will definitely be watching the finals and rooting for the Celtics.
This was so much fun even if Destiny was scared a little bit. The automated dinosaurs were freaking her out a little bit. She thought the Dino track maker was fun until the dinosuars started to growl. Check out this hilarious video!